a compact multi-function ultrasonic bolt elongation measurement device
The min-mmx Ultrasonic Bolt Tension Monitor defines the state of the art in the measurement of the actual elongation produced by tightening a threaded fastener. Used by trained and proficient Technicians, the min-mmx can measure fastener elongation highly accurately in almost any material from 12mm to 2.5m (1/2" - 8') in length. The measurement is achieved by determining the change in the transit time of an ultrasonic shock wave along the length of the fastener as the fastener is tightened by any method. The on-board microcomputer automatically interprets this time measurement to display time (nanoseconds), elongation, load, stress, or % strain as a fastener is being tightened Through the use of high speed digital signal processing with built-in data compilation and reporting through an RS232 interface, the min-mmx provides unparalleled levels of accountability and traceability for all critical bolted applications.
As a tool to verify and control actual bolt stress resulting from any tightening procedure including torquing and tensioning, it's usage is crucial for all applications where the impact of joint failure or leakage could be serious.
- At less than USD 4K, the first cost effective ultrasonic solution available on the market
- Effectively monitor bolts during periodic shutdowns over the service life of the fastener
- Visually compare the unloaded to the loaded waveform
- Measurement quantities - Time (nanoseconds), Elongation, Load, Stress, and %Strain
- Display Options - RF, Rectified, Large Digits with Limits Bar
- Display Resolution - 1/8" VGA 240 x 160 pixels.
- Stores 8000 readings and waveforms in multiple groups
- Built-in Linear regression or vector for optimizing load measurements
- The Auto Set feature automatically optimizes detection and adjusts display
- Hi/Lo alarm tolerance limits work in conjunction with the data port and external pump shut-off device
For increased capacity and additional features, consider the mmx-II
On-site Verification. Our speciality.